Chances are, you’ve already learned that your real estate career isn’t just about houses and listings. If you haven’t, let us fill you in on a little secret. To be successful in real estate, you must learn that it is about P-E-O-P-L-E. Connecting and engaging with people is the number one way to grow your business. In the early days it may feel like you can’t bear hitting up another friend for a listing. As time goes on, you will grow your circle of contacts. No matter how long you’ve been in business, you will always need to have authentic connections with your audience.
Authenticity is more important now than ever. A new generation of millennial homebuyers are looking to work with agents with whom they find a real connection. Gone are the days of power suits and super slick salesman. Today’s client wants to find a great friend who also happens to be their agent.
Here are a few of the ways you can establish authentic relationships with clients.
* Share Great Content that Engages– Sharing things that engage your audience on social media is a great way to establish yourself. Clients will love being able to learn a bit more about your interests and passions from your internet personality. By posting content that makes your clients excited, you will connect with them frequently. A great marketing team like those of us at FSVA can curate content that your audience will love to see.
* Use Blogging- Personalized content on your website is great for SEO purposes, but it’s also a great tool you can use to establish your identity. They may see your localism post about their favorite restaurant or a helpful post about home maintenance concerns in their area. Strong calls to action help you with growth. Specifically created blog content is a great way to engage your audience and bring them to your page more frequently.
* Establish Yourself- Show clients and potential clients what you have to offer. If you have a great achievement to brag about, let them know! Share career highlights in a genuine and appropriately humble manner. This type of information establishes you as a legitimate agent who can be trusted.
* Ask for Referrals- Approaching current and former clients to ask for referrals may feel strange. If you are scared to do this, we understand. It’s important to learn and practice this skill. If done correctly, you will grow your circle and establish relationships with people who know of your reputation.
* Reach out to Old Clients– A friendly text on their birthday, an e-mail to celebrate their home buying anniversary, or a call to chat are all great ways to connect with former clients. You never know, that could be the nudging they need to bite the bullet and list their home with you!
* Be Authentic- Of course every item on this list could be done authentically or poorly. It’s up to you to ensure your own authenticity. People can see through the inauthentic and pushy techniques that worked in previous generations. It’s important for agents to work hard at creating a relationship through different channels to fully establish great working relationships with their clients. Show you care, show that you’re excited to become their friend, and let clients know that you’re different. We promise you’ll see a difference in your relationships.
Take one of these tips and try it this week. We’d also love to hear about your best tips for establishing authentic relationships with your clients!
Photo by rawpixel.com on Pexels