Are you a morning person? Or do you roll out of bed, struggle to grab a super-fast shower and cup of coffee then head to your first appointments of the day?
If you want to have great days as a real estate agent, it’s imperative that you start first thing in the morning. Great days start with great mornings. Reap the rewards of great mornings with these tips for agents.
- Wake up earlier– Successful people use that morning block of time to prepare themselves mentally and physically for the day ahead. You’ll be amazed at how much less tired you’ll feel by starting your day earlier and less rushed.
- Move- Whether it’s a walk around the block or a hardcore CrossFit class, take some time to get your heart pumping. Exercise great for mental health, it clears your mind, and it gives your body something it desperately needs. Plus- you’ll free up that evening time you usually spend at the gym. We’re sure you can think of some way to grow your real estate business with that newfound hour.
- Be still- Whether you spend that time engaging in your religious practice, meditation, or journaling. Take some time for reflection and growth before you start your day.
- Improve- Take a few minutes to work on a goal you’ve had. Ten to twenty minutes each morning spent with a book teaching about how to become a top agent or some time spent working on a new certification to grow your business will add up quickly. You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish through short daily bursts of learning.
- Connect- take a moment to connect with the people in your life. If you’re a parent, talk with the kids over breakfast. If you’re single, send a text to a friend or family member (who is also an early riser) who you haven’t spoken to in a while. Make connections with the people around you. Real estate is relationship driven, taking time to nurture the personal relationships in your life is a great way to get yourself mentally ready for connections with clients.
- Eat- You’re likely starting to feel hungry following your morning workout. Grab a quick but healthy breakfast. Make sure to grab something full of protein and filling fiber to keep you satiated and ready to attack the day’s itinerary. (We fully support a cup of whatever caffeinated beverage you prefer to aid in the day’s attack!)
- Affirm- Before you walk out the door, take some time for affirmation. You may not want to stand in front of the mirror and remind yourself of how great you are, but it wouldn’t hurt. Give yourself some much needed encouragement before starting your day. Read an affirming quote from an index card, ask your spouse to listen, or look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you are a success. Before long, you’ll start to believe it.
We guarantee that a great morning routine will change your business. Try a few of these tips to start operating like a top agent in no time.