It’s easy to think that overdoing it on the daily grind is the only way to succeed in business. A secret that successful people can tell you, is that they have spent some time and money investing in themselves and their business. It’s impossible to do it all yourself and not eventually crash and burn out.
Here are five of our favorite ways to invest in yourself and your business. We encourage you to try adding one of these tips to your week. We’d love to hear how these tips help you to achieve your personal and professional goals this upcoming week.
- Educate Yourself- Invest in your education. No matter what you know about your field, it’s always possible to know more. Invest a block of time for education each week. Whether it’s a seminar, lecture, book, or educational podcast, try spending some time mindfully expanding on your knowledge and skillset.
- Set Goals- Of course you have goals with your business, paying your bills and providing for your family are goals that you have in your career. The next step is to set even more specific goals. Spend some time investing in goal setting on a monthly or weekly basis. Do you want to sell a certain number each month? Would you like to join a career milestone club? Set the goals you want to achieve, no matter how far-flung, and work to achieve them!
- Find a Mentor- Investing in relationships is always a great idea. A career mentor is someone who can walk you through the specific challenges of your field. This person can then celebrate any victories and give you great advice in the midst of failures. Finding a mentor is a way of investing in yourself that costs little or no money, but can pay off in exciting ways.
- Delegate- Find ways to invest in the help you need. Both in your personal and professional life. By investing in help, you can put the focus on your business and spend your time doing things that make an impact. The team here at FSVA loves to help our clients by taking over the mundane parts of your business. Whether you delegate with a personal assistant service, like us here at FSVA, or invest in a housekeeper to do your household work, your business can thrive with this sort of investment.
- Practice Self Care- Some consider this the easiest way to invest in yourself while others consider it to be the most difficult. Practicing self-care can mean participating in an exercise routine, booking a day at the spa, or scheduling alone time with a good book. However you practice self-care, it’s one of the most important things you can do for your business. A small investment in your personal life can give you the increased energy you need to succeed even more in your business life.
Tell us your favorite ways to invest in yourself and your business. We are always excited to find new and unique ideas.
Photo by Rawpixels.com on Pexels